If you have sold or purchased a vehicle already registered, remember that you must make the change of ownership of the vehicle in the Registry of the General Directorate of Traffic.
If you sell your vehicle always remember the following tips:
- Never deliver the vehicle without having in your hands the original contract of sale (if it is between individuals) or invoice (if you deliver it to a sale) and a photocopy of the identity document in Spain of the buyer (DNI / Residence Card, if they are natural persons, or CIF, if they are companies). If it is a sale, the CIF must be included in the invoice. It is important to indicate in the contract the hour and minutes in which you deliver the vehicle: remember that the fines of the fixed radars and for not having passed the ITV will continue to arrive as long as the change of ownership does not occur in the Vehicle Registry.
- Tell the buyer that within 15 days send you a copy of the traffic permit stating that the vehicle is already in your name.If you have not received this document within 15 days, go to the Traffic Department to communicate that you have sold the vehicle (sales notification process).
If you have bought a vehicle, you must register this in your name in the Vehicle Registry of the General Traffic Directorate.
- If you have purchased the vehicle in a sale, this is the one that will normally be responsible for carrying out the management, giving you the Technical Inspection Card of the Vehicle and the driving license already in your name.
- If you have purchased the vehicle from an individual, remember that you must keep the contract of sale or a photocopy of it, a photocopy of the seller's identity document, the request for change of ownership of the vehicle signed by buyer and seller, and documentation of the vehicle (ITV card, circulation permit and receipt of the municipal tax paid corresponding to the year prior to the procedure), (vehicle transmission procedure).
Then you must perform the following steps:
- 1.- Pay the property transfer tax (model 620 or model 621 as appropriate) to the Treasury of your Autonomous Community, providing all the previous documentation. This procedure can be done online if your tax address is in Andalusia, Aragon, Asturias, Cantabria, Castilla y León, Cataluña, Illes Balears, Madrid, Murcia and the Autonomous Community of Navarra. In this case you will obtain an Electronic Transfer Code (CET) that will help you prove that you have fulfilled your tax obligation.
- 2.- Go to any Traffic Headquarters, prior appointment request.
- 3.- Pay the fees and provide all the necessary documentation to carry out the procedure (informative note of the documentation).
- Copy of identity documentation: DNI / residence permit / NIE and passport or ID CARD
- Prior advice.
- Processing of service.
- Sending of supporting documents.
- Backup file of digitized documentation.
- Attention of requirements when necessary.
Other services that may interest you
WHY E-CONSULTING ABOGADOS & GESTORES
all our professionals have a lot of experience and are in a constant training process.
MAINTENANCE OF DEADLINES
all the deadlines established by law are strictly followed and controlled by the internal department.
we use the latest generation management software and all the existing technologies on the market.
QUALITY OF SERVICE
the quality of all services is constantly reviewed by the internal audit.
all our clients are consulted regarding the services provided.
COMPENSATION OF SANCTIONS
We compensate the fines and interests produced by the fault of our accountants.
fill in the application attaching necessary data and documents
one of our professionals will contact you to see the details
Prepayment of service payment (standard payment method: 100% in advance
carrying out the necessary procedures to complete the requested service
sending the supporting documents for the service performed and final invoice.
José María Esteve Rodríguez
Begoña Gómez Olivas
tax and accounting area director
Sandra Milena Aranda López
Labor area director
Marina Orts Rodríguez
Administration and accounting
Vanessa Burillo Bernabeu
David Camacho Mazarro
Foreigner area manager
Sonia Micaela Cejas
Tatiana Faedo Gukasian
The professional activity of the company is ensured with the Civil Liability policy in the insurance company CASER.